This light, summery dessert is quick and delicious. It may be the simplest recipe we ever post.
Neither of us really has a sweet tooth, so desserts just don’t happen in our home very often. I’m actually a sucker for some juicy peaches mixed with cottage cheese, so it took me a while to devote some of our peaches to this dessert idea, but once we finally did it, it was so tasty we ended up making it twice within a couple weeks.
What You Need
- Chopped walnuts (or almonds, if you prefer)
Tip: The first time we made these, we used BlueBell homemade vanilla ice cream instead. As much as we love us some BlueBell, the mascarpone just complemented the peaches so much better.
What You Do
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice the peaches in half and pick out the pits.
- Line them on a baking tray or in a big casserole dish.
Tip: The first time, we put the peaches in a muffin tin and it didn’t turn out like we wanted it to… I don’t recommend it.
- Fill each half-peach with honey, letting it overflow a little.
- Put a pat of butter on top of each half-peach.
- Roast them for about 30 minutes.
- Let them cool off just a little bit and plate them one at a time.
Tip: The pink “syrup” that collects at the bottom of the pan is like the nectar of the gods. Spoon some of that goodness on your plate.
- Put a heaping spoon of mascarpone on each half-peach.
- Sprinkle the chopped walnuts on top.