Alright… so it’s been forever. I have a backlog of recipes and a camera full of food pictures. This particular recipe we cooked like three months ago. 🙂 But that doesn’t make it any less tasty!
So here you go!
- Dice an onion, celery, and an Anaheim pepper, and sauté them in butter.
- Mix your spices together in a separate bowl (cumin, chipotle powder, oregano, paprika, onion powder, salt).
- Add in some diced tomatoes to the sauté pan (I only had cherry tomatoes, so I made it work).
- Add in some minced garlic into the sauté pan.
- Add in the spices and a liiittle bit of chicken broth.
- Thicken with tomato paste.
- Throw it all in the food processor to make it super smooth, then add more salt to taste.
Mexican Egg Bake
Because we were doing low-carb diet at the time, instead of actually making enchiladas, we made a sort of Mexican baked eggs dish, which is basically the enchilada sauce and an egg topped with cheese in a muffin pan. We had to eat it with a spoon out of the muffin pan so as to not break our runny yolks in transit to a plate (because that’s blasphemy!) but these are not too bad!!